Add to Cal
Register for the event and we'll also send you updates if there are any schedule changes as well as info on future free Railyard programs and events around Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
Join your Santa Fe neighbors on the Railyard Plaza beside the landmark Water Tower for great FREE concerts all summer long.
- Feel free to bring chairs to the concert.
- Food and drink are available inside Second Street Brewery and Violet Crown Cinema.
- Come down early to get a spot on the Second Street Brewery patio to enjoy a a cold beer with the music!
- Violet Crown has patio drink & dining options too.
- Ample parking is available in the underground garage just north of REI.
- Download a map (JPG) showing all of the Railyard parking and transportation options.
Orgone is an 8-piece soul machine driven by Dan Hastie and Sergio Rios, once two kids from the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles united by a hunger for raw soul recordings. While the musicians began by covering Booker T. & the MGs, The Meters, and other giants of soul, they eventually carved out a sound all their own. Drawing on their love of Funkadelic, Santana, Muscle Shoals, and all things Stax, the duo sought to create the band that, if they were to hear for the first time, would be their instant favorite.
After living and working as session musicians for many years, they were still unable to find a studio that adequately captured their warm, gritty sound, so they decided to make one. KillionSound Studios was hand-crafted as Orgone's hub and home studio, where they continue to create (including playing on a handful of Grammy-winning songs), rehearse, and record with Rios at the helm as chief engineer and Hastie as co-producer. By teaming up with fiery soul singer Adryon de León, the band discovered the secret weapon that would take their sound to new heights. With de León, Hastie on keys, Rios on guitar, and drummer Sam Halterman as the backbone, a deeply-rooted family of LA musicians makes up the rest of Orgone— Dale Jennings, bass, Will Phillips, percussion, Darren Cardoza, trombone, and JJ Kirkpatrick, trumpet.
- loading tweets