Presented by Minerva
Add to Cal
Presented by Minerva Canna
Join your Santa Fe neighbors on the Railyard Plaza beside the landmark Water Tower for great FREE concerts all summer long.
- Feel free to bring chairs to the concert.
- Food and drink are available inside Second Street Brewery and Violet Crown Cinema, plus food trucks will be available.
- Bring your water bottle—we will have filling stations.
- Come down early to get a spot on the Second Street Brewery patio to enjoy a a cold beer with the music!
- Violet Crown has patio drink & dining options too.
- Ample parking is available in the underground garage just north of REI.
- Download a map (JPG) showing all of the Railyard parking and transportation options.
Register for the event and we'll also send you updates if there are any schedule changes as well as info on future free programs and events around Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
Seun Kuti is the youngest son of legendary Afrobeat godfather Fela Kuti. At the age of nine, Seun expressed a wish to sing to his father. A short while later Seun started performing with his father and the band, until his father's untimely death in 1997. Seun, then only 14 years old, assumed the role as leader of the Egypt 80. Ever since, Seun has followed the political and social ethos of his father. Along the way, he began to add his own twist to the music, digging deep into various African traditions to reflect the continent's struggles and cultures. About three-quarters of the current Egypt 80 line-up consists of musicians that not only played with Fela Kuti, but often were arrested and harassed alongside the founder of the Afrobeat movement. Seun Kuti has toured the world and released many albums.
Proyecto Cumbion plays Cumbia Colombiana with touches of Vallenato from the coastal regions of Colombia and the town of San Jacinto, the birthplace of cumbia. Inspired by some of the great pioneers of Cumbia Colombiana like Aniceto Molina, Alfredo Gutierrez, Andres Landero and Celso Piña, Proyecto Cumbion aims to fuse these styles to create a vibrant dancing atmosphere. Our newest composition of the group includes a variety of traditional cumbia hand percussion instruments, timbales, accordion, bass, guitar and vocals.