with Chris Dracup :Funk of the West
Sponsored by Nusenda Credit Union
Add to Cal
This show is sponsored by Nusenda Credit Union.
Join your Santa Fe neighbors on the Railyard Plaza beside the landmark Water Tower for great FREE concerts all summer long.
- Feel free to bring chairs to the concert.
- Food and drink are available inside Second Street Brewery and Violet Crown Cinema, plus food trucks will be available.
- Bring your water bottle—we will have filling stations.
- Come down early to get a spot on the Second Street Brewery patio to enjoy a a cold beer with the music!
- Violet Crown has patio drink & dining options too.
- Ample parking is available in the underground garage just north of REI.
- Download a map (JPG) showing all of the Railyard parking and transportation options.
Register for the event and we'll also send you updates if there are any schedule changes as well as info on future free programs and events around Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
The Railyard Plaza Concert Series is made possible with the generous support of Falling Colors.
Hailing from the Lower 9th Ward of New Orleans, Shamarr Allen has influences in jazz, hip-hop, rock, funk rhythms, blues, and country. He is the lead vocalist and trumpeter of his band Shamarr Allen & The Underdawgs. In addition to displaying his skills on the front-line as a lead performer, Allen is also a music composer, writer, and producer. With a scintillating and unique sound, look, and exemplary talents, Shamarr Allen transcends musical boundaries.
Chris Dracup's latest musical project, :Funk of The West, is an energetic six-piece dance band that combines authentic American Blues and Funk music with African polyrhythms. The band features west Malian percussionist Male' Fainke' on Djimbe and talking drum.
Chris Dracup is a lifelong New Mexico musician who has been a singer, songwriter and lead guitarist with some of the state's most popular musical acts, including The Muttz, The Rattle Cats, The Chris Dracup Trio and Soul Kitchen.
Known for his soulful electric and acoustic blues guitar, Chris' music draws on being comfortable in a wide range of musical styles. His acoustic slide guitar playing reflects the southern delta blues tradition. His original songwriting and regular performance schedule have garnered him critical and popular acclaim and won him an enduring Southwestern fan base.
PLATINUM LEVEL SPONSORS:
GOLD LEVEL SPONSORS:
SILVER LEVEL SPONSORS:
BRONZE LEVEL SPONSORS:
- loading tweets